Looking to build your future in the screen industries? Met Film School is the perfect place to turn your passion into practice. Working closely with leading industry professionals, we offer you a career-focused, cutting edge, practical learning experience.
This part time, six month long course is for students who are looking for an intensive practical filmmaking training but can only commit to a part-time schedule.
Suitable for beginners, no previous experience is required and you can expect to learn the following:
- Practical. Participate in a variety of workshops, work with professional actors and industry tutors and turn your knowledge into practical experience by writing and directing your 10-minute film
- Comprehensive. Try different roles, including camera operator, editor, director, producer and screenwriter to take an informed decision about the next steps in your career or studies
- Creative. Learn from industry professional tutors and award-winning guest speakers, including famous directors, cinematographers, editors, producers and other screen specialists
- Connected. Join the school’s online forum to build connections, collaborate with the creative student community and receive information about the latest projects and jobs
What You Will Study:
- Visual storytelling – how to use camera to tell a story
- Screenwriting – script structure and storyboard
- Casting and directing actors
- Camera and sound
- Directing and managing a crew
- Shooting and editing film
Intro to Filmmaking is the perfect course for anyone wanting to get a first taste of filmmaking. Combining workshop and group instruction, this course has been designed to provide a fun, hands-on introduction to the basics of directing, sound and editing.
London, 2 days, full time | Cost: £500
Six-Month Practical Filmmaking is a highly practical course for students looking to kick-start their career in the business of screen. The programme equips you with technical, creative and business skills in disciplines such as screenwriting, directing, camera operating, cinematography, producing and postproduction.
London, 6 months, full time | Cost: £10000